Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

Age...

Age...

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I was just about to bid on a 32 year old player who is far better in all aspects than my incumbent outside half. However his age is bothering me, as I'm not sure how soon and fast his attributes will be getting worse and I want to be sure I'm not just wasting my money.

Any idea how old players, and in particular backs, generally start going down hill and/or retiring?

Cheers, Andrew.

Re: Age...

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Alright m8 Very Happy ?. I think players can start goin down at around 29 and just carries on. They dnt end up retiring though they jst keep geting worse and worse till u get rid. His club might be selling him now because his stats have started falling. but ive got a few players over 30 that still havent started falling :/. and if he is a lot better than your other players and if the prics isnt to high u could use him 2 strenghthen your squad for a little .
    Hope that helps a little m8
    Rob Very Happy

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Av found the player ur bidding on m8. hes definatley quite a bit better than some of ur other players so u should get a season or 2 out of him. Hed be a pretty good signing 4 ur club m8 Very Happy
    Rob
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:01 am

What's the name of the player?
    The age that a player starts to decline varies - I've seen 29 year olds dropping but have also seen 34 year old popping so it's luck of the draw.
    A good indicator would have been to see if he went up or down in CSR on Tuesday, bit late now though.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for the reply both, didn't end up signing that guy in the end, flew up from $15,000 to $45,000 in a matter of hours. Oh well, got a much younger - and cheaper - player anyway!

So they won't retire until you drop them? That's useful to know, thanks both Very Happy

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm

nope they dnt retire. u could ava 40 year old still goin if u decide not 2 sell him or fire him Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:00 am