Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

Can someone look at my squad please

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Can someone look at my squad please

Post by jammydodger on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey can someone please has a look at my squad, have started losing games and not sure why so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

whiskyman
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Re: Can someone look at my squad please

Post by whiskyman on Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Its to do with the tactics and intensity that each team plays on the day.

I Was winning my game 14 - 12 at half time and finally lost 38 - 14. Had a few chances to score myself and it seems like my opponents played LTNT. Got another hard game over the next 2 league games with both teams having better energy than mine. I can see me playing LTNT with my second teams(not to lose too much contenment) for these 2 matches just to regain my team's energy.

Been looking at Fozspreys energy, their players are really knackered. They LTNT against you. I wont be bothered about today's result, they will really struggle to win any game over the next month.

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks for that. I would still really appreciate someone taking a look as I have been slowly strengthening the squad but not sure if it has been with the right players!! Training is also an issue so any info on who to concentrate training on, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

tomo
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by tomo on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:10 pm

From my point of view scrums & line-outs are a big aspect of the game and even tho you did o.k in these areas in your last game this is what you should really look to improve. Your scrums weight is o.k but really low csr and your line-outs you have 1 tall player but that's it and again low csr, so I would advise you to invest in your scrum and line-outs first and then once you have a base you can build from there. Your last buy seems a little bit too much money and if you are going to spend that sort of money then look at the key positions Hooker, Lock etc. Also you gave a lot of penalties away so either change your discipline intensity or buy more disciplined players. Hope this helps Jammy

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Tomo much appreciated, I will put a plan in place Smile!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Jammy, very unlucky today. They were pre-set to LTNT against you but even with that in mind I thought your energy would get you through quite comfortably.

32 players in your squad means you should be able to rotate your starting XV each week, but there are too many players who won't be good enough to start for you. In short, get rid of anyone aged over 18 with under 15k CSR and replace them(unless they are being trained up to 1st XV standard) with older/better players.

Old players are cheap as chips and even tho they start to deteriorate between the ages of 30-33, they can do a very good job for you for a season or two. Some might disagree with that, but I found my oldies very useful last season

Looking at the transfer market these players might be able to help you in the short term.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=2584447 - Good hooker or prop, just turned 32. Should sell for under 50k and will easilly overtake Edwin at no.1 for you.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3252633 - Flyhalf, just turned 31. Has poor defence but other stats are prefect. Again, should go for 50kish.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=2475678 - Winger, again has poor defence, but good speed, agility, handling, stamina and attack. 40k should be enough.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=4097983 - Centre 20-30k

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9252432 - Lock, some might think he is too short, but I have a 199 cm guy at lock who does great. Could sell for up to 150k, but could be a quality player in a seasons time with full training.

Bolton
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by Bolton on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Definately look at short locks. I was looking to get a decent lock a couple of seasons ago but decided that they were all too expensive, so I went for a shorter guy who could do a job for a while, knowing that when I could afford a tall lock he would make a solid back rower. He's now nearly 58k CSR and my first choice number 8. You'll get a much better player for the same money if you look a little below the magic 200cm mark.

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:00 pm

I concur, I got a 199cm guy that will have cought up with my oldest back rower by the time my Masterplan 2nd row can play regular.

My 199cm guy will then me 1st choice back row and I can sell my good back rower.
    Got to be patient and plan well in advance in this game Smile

jammydodger
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by jammydodger on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 am

Ok thanks guys, will have to take a look and start culling! I am out of the cup so I should probably be cutting the squad size down again to save money and get enough to buy a few decent players for next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:14 am