Wales BR Offsite

The Official Offsite Welsh BR Community

Building for the Future

Building for the Future

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Hey there.

I'm new to the forum but have been on Blackout for a season now.
    I was lucky enouigh to get promoted to division 4 last season.

Just wondered if anyone has any good advice on ways to improve for the future, such as improving the squad on the TM or just staying put and accumilating cash? I already have level 2 facilities and most staff are level 2 as well.

I've had a quick look through the help and mentoring and couldn't find any advice such as this, but I apologise if I've overlooked anything similar.

If anyone can give me some hints and take a look at my team it would be greatly appreciated! My teams called Alderman Crumble.

Cheers

Chris Very Happy

Re: Building for the Future

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Have you thought about asking for a mentor?

i had one and it was very useful.
    mt_wc
    International Superstar
    International Superstar

Post by mt_wc on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Initial suggestion for quick improvement: sell Freeborn. There are a couple of players on the TM at the moment about 800csr selling for $50k each. Salary savers are all the rage again at the moment. Might get $30k for Freeborn, then use that money to buy someone who could be one of the strongest you have.

There are bargains on the market - everyone's climbing over each other for 17/18/19 year olds and high CSR players. So the 22-27 year old 20k+ csr players are often going cheap. Immediately strengthens your team by recycling your c**p. Makes you feel all warm.

To make yourself feel even better, you could sack the three guys just above Freeborn in csr, who aren't at all good but aren't bad enough to get you any money on the TM. Squad's big enough to not need them. Almost $4.5k towards your new player's wages right there.

Very Happy
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

1st thing you should do is cut your squad down to 25 players. You shouldn't need 2 teams in Div 4 (especially as you seem to have bought well in the short time you have been playing!)

You have enough tall guys to compete at 2nd row (without seeing their skills) but you could do with a couple of front row players - guys at 120kg+ with good strength and technique (and handling for hooker!)

Playing the TM is just something you learn with time, get to know how much players go for and the patterns (players tend to sell for more $$$ in the 1st few weeks of a season, tall & heavy players go for a premium etc).
    If you want to improve your team short-term go for a 30year old or older. They tend to sell very cheaply and can be good stop gaps until you promote a better player or are able to afford a younger/better player.

What youth facilities do you have?
    Try to scout players between 10-20 stars, don't bother saving up to 50+ stars, you won't need to!
    Woko
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Woko on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:16 pm

mt_wc wrote:Initial suggestion for quick improvement: sell Freeborn. There are a couple of players on the TM at the moment about 800csr selling for $50k each. Salary savers are all the rage again at the moment. Might get $30k for Freeborn, then use that money to buy someone who could be one of the strongest you have.

All seem to be being bought by "Ibis" whoever that is.

This fad won't last long as there are so many duffers coming out of academys from people using 0 stars as they save up for 20-120 star monster players.
    The game is about to be awash with 500-2000 CSR players so the prices wont stay high for long.

Might even be handy to keep for a div4 team for a season or 2 until you are good enough to hold your own in Div 3......Get 18-20 decent players and 5 of these "salary savers" for a season or so and then once you get promoted get 25 proper decent players and sack/sell the shite

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Awesome.

Thanks for all the advice! Wouldn't have thought about older players being cheaper so thanks for that tip!

My youth facilities are at level 2, and I have recruited a few players at 20 stars, just waiting for them to turn 17.

Will clear out the trash frist of all and give freeborn a go on the TM, see how it goes!

Wish me luck!

Cheers
    Chris Very Happy

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 pm

You're looking gd in your league chris. The 2nd place team is going bot and you've beaten the 3rd place team who prob have the best squad.

Keep at it and we'll be seeing you in div.3 soon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 am